How to Create an Excel Data Table Quickly
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Under the Influence of COVID-19, more people need to finish their work online and Excel become one of the most useful tools. By using excel, data table integration, analysis, and automatic calculation can be completed, which will greatly improve work efficiency.
Here, we recommend to you the free and convenient tool: WPS Spreadsheet. It allows you to easily create an excel data table and quickly get the data results you want. Here are some ways to create excel data tables quickly.
How to insert a basic data table?
Step 1: Choose the table you want.
WPS Spreadsheet provides a way to insert the data table directly. You just need to click Insert-Table and select the number of rows and columns you want to create a data table quickly.
You can also use the Table Tools to choose the table style you want.WPS Spreadsheet allows you to create your personal data table.
Step 2: Simple manipulation of the excel data table.
In the first row of each Column, in the cells labeled Column 1-3, you can select a filter for that column by clicking the arrow at the bottom right corner of the cell. In the image below, for example, you can arrange the data in column A in descending order by clicking the arrow in A1. You can also select the table and right-click the mouse to manipulate the table.
How to create a more complicated excel data table?
The data table allows users to use different input values for a variable and assess the changes to the output value. The value change in the data table is achieved by setting the What-If function. In WPS Spreadsheet, you can get the data change you want by editing the function in the data table. The function can quickly get the data using the same calculation logic, greatly reducing the calculation pressure.
Example 1: Loan Particulars
In the image below, we can calculate Yearly Repayments, Total Repayment, and Total Interest based on the loan principal, annual interest rate, and Period by setting up functions such as PMT.
Example 2: one-variable data table and multiple one-variable data tables
You can now implement both the one-variable data table and multiple one-variable data tables in excel. This means you can choose any two variable values from any formula to test.
For example, in the following data table, the corresponding changes in loan values can be estimated by the changes in interest rates.
How to create a table with subcategories
1. The first step is to select the cell range for your table data.
2. The second step is to enter the pop-up dialogue, check "Constant," and click "Go To."
3. The third step is to set the name of your companies on the top row of your table as the title.
4. In the next step, you have to click on the "formula tabs," click on "Create," and then select the "Top row" in the pop-up dialogue.
5. In the fifth step, you must click on the "Name Manager" to check the names for all selected cell ranges.
6. In the next step, insert the level 1 drop-down list before creating the subcategories. For this purpose, you have to select the company column, click the "Data" tab, click "Validation," select the "List" in the allowed area, select the "Cell range," and then click "Ok." Then you can select companies freely.
7. Similarly, select the employee's Column and do the previous procedure. Click "Validation," select "List," and enter the referencing function INDIRECT in the source area.
8. In the next step, you know that the choices of level 2 correspond to the level 1 list; you need to reference option one by clicking on the cell.
9. You need to know that the default reference area is absolute. So you need to enter the(=INDIRECT$A2 here).
Best Alternative-WPS Office
You can create the data table using the WPS spreadsheet in the WPS office. Below, you will learn about the usage of the WPS spreadsheet. Step-by-step guide of WPS spreadsheet:
1. The first step is to open the WPS spreadsheet and then click on the blank document.
2. The second step is to enter the data in the cells, which are rows and columns. You must ensure that the cells are filled with accurate values or attributes.
2. The next step is to select the Range of cells you can cover all your data.
3. In the next step, you must go to the menu bar, where you must click on the "Data" tab and then "Data table." This will open the "Create Table" dialog box.
4. You must ensure the data range is correctly displayed in the input range option in the create table.
5. In the next step, check the "MY table has headers" if your data includes both Column headers. WPS spreadsheet will treat the first row as the header of your data table.
6. Next, select the desired option, such as filtering, sorting, or totals.
7. In the eighth step, you have to place your worksheet. You can place the worksheet as a new one or place it with the existing one.
8. In the final step, click the ok button to create your data table. This way, the WPS spreadsheet will generate the desired data table efficiently.
When you use the WPS spreadsheet, you know that there are various ways to create the data table in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet provides the tools to make your data table quickly. The tools include sorting, filtering, and calculations.
You can organize and manipulate your data efficiently through these features of the spreadsheet. WPS contains the writer, spreadsheet, presentation, and pdf features. WPS has a user-friendly interface with multiple tools for multiple works.
In addition, it has multiple features such as document sharing, document templates, formatting, and style tools. Likewise, the WPS has the cloud storage option to store your data, and you can access your data from anywhere and from any device. If you want to know more about Excel usage, you can visit the WPS office.
Q. How to name a table in Excel online
Naming the table is one of the essential skills unknown to many Excel users. First, you know that the Excel table highlights the worksheet's important content. By default, the names of the tables are given as Table 1, table 2, etc., and you have to rename the table according to your primary content. You must follow some simple steps to name the table in Excel. The steps are given below:
The first step is to click on the table you want to rename.
The next step is to go to the table design.
In the final step, you have to enter the desired name of your table.
Q. How to add a table in Excel cell
If you want to create the Excel table from the list of the data, you can use the table command. You can organize and arrange your data by using the many functions that the table contains. Here is the step-by-step guide to adding the table in the Excel cell.
1. In the first step, choose the cell from your data collection cells.
2. In the next step, click the table button in the insert tab.
3. In the third step. You see that all the data is getting picked automatically when the create table dialog box loads. And then click ok.
4. Consequently, the Excel cell will generate the table from your overall data.
Q. Check if the value is in the list in Excel (3 easy methods)
When dealing with small data, you can manually check the value of your data. On the other hand, if your data is in large numbers, you cannot manually check the value of your data. For this purpose, you need to follow some essential steps to ensure the values in your data. The steps are given below:
1. It would be best to open the WPS spreadsheet to check the values in your data list.
2. Then, you have to click on the cell where you want to check the values in the list of data. Type "=COUNTIF" and then press the tab.
3. In the next step, enter the two parameters in your COUNTIF function. The two parameters are Range and criteria. For checking the values, you can use the parameter Range. And Criteria is for the entrance of the value in the inverted commas.
Q. How to Use a Pivot Table in Excel
When analyzing complex data, you can use the pivot table. It helps you analyze, summarize, organize, and compare the patterns and trends in your data. If you don't know how to use the pivot table, you can follow the steps to make the pivot table—a step-by-step guide to use and open the pivot table in your data.
1. The first step is to open the file in which you want to add the pivot table. You can also use the shortcut key Alt+D+P.
2. Then it would be best to mention the cells where you want to add the pivot table. Then click on the arrow button at the right side of the field.
3. Then you have to put the cursor on the first cell of your data table and then drag diagonally till the end of the table. You can notice that the cells are mentioned in the floating field bar.
4. Click enter to see the cell ranges in the field.
5. And then, you have to enable the pivot table in the next section.
6. Now click ok. The new pivot table is created in the worksheet.
7. You can see the selected fields on the right side of your worksheet.
8. In the next step, you must click and drag the first Column in the rows section. Here, you have to decide the display of your data.
9. Finally, you can repeat the same procedure for all other columns. And the data will be arranged according to your desire.
Create a Data Table with WPS Office
In this blog, you learned how to create a data table in Excel. You learned to create simple, complex, and multiple categories tables in Excel. You need to know that you can organize and manipulate your data after using the unique features of the WPS Office.
Furthermore, you can store and access your data anytime through the WPS Office. Your manual handling of the data is getting reduced after the WPS Office. It is one of the best ways to handle your business and accounting-related data so you can run your business smoothly.
You can use WPS Office to create everything from spreadsheets, documents, slideshows, and PDFs. WPS Office can be used on Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, and Windows for free. Install WPS Office now so you can better meet your documentation needs.